Another winning recipe from The Joanne Kates Cookbook. Ms. Kates suggests keeping Italian sausage in the freezer all the time so that if the need arises for a “delicious dinner in a big hurry”, you’ve got them there, ready to slice. And the sausages are easier to slice when they’re frozen, so there’s another great tip.
My additional bonus tip is: if you leave the sausages out too long and they thaw, you can twist off meatball shaped morsels of sausage and use them in the recipe. It will taste the same. And by the same, I mean great.
What you need:
Garlic and chili flakes.
Sausages and red pepper are cooked.
Sausages and red pepper.
Garlic, chili flakes then red wine vinegar are added.
Sausages, red pepper and red wine vinegar.
Then it’s served.
1/2 lb. sweet Italian sausage
4 Tbsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp butter
2 sweet red peppers
6 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp. dried chilies
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1 lb. pasta, any shape
1. Dice the sausage and sauté it in the olive oil until barely cooked. Add the butter to the pan.
2. Cut the red peppers in half and remove the seeds. Slice the peppers, add them to the sausages and sauté over medium heat for 5 minutes.
3. Peel and dice the garlic and add it to the frying pan with the chilies. Sauté 2 minutes more.
4. Add the vinegar and stand back while it spits. Remove from the heat.
5. Have ready the cooked pasta and add it to the frying pan. Toss and serve.